Battle of Ridgefield Re-Enactment
April 28, 2017 - April 30, 2017
- This event has passed.
The 1777 Wooster-Sons of Liberty Foundation, A 501(c)3 Educational Charity and Jerusalem 49 Masonic Lodge of Ridgefield will sponsor and host a reenactment of the 1777 Battle of Ridgefield. British troops will bivouac in an encampment at Ballard park; the 5th Connecticut Regiment of the Continental Army and colonialist militias will establish their encampment at Keeler Tavern Museum. The reenactment will include personalities in full period costumes.
This is the closet you will come to being there 240 years ago—as ordinary Americans, local militias and Washington’s Continental Army, confronted and engaged the superior British force that had just destroyed Danbury and the Continental Army’s supplies for the war effort.
Guests will witness:
- The march of the British from Danbury through Ridgefield
- The live smelting and pouring of musket balls, canon fire, live skirmishes
- Reenactment practice drills with the soldiers
- A look into the past at the chores and responsibilities of American and British Soldiers
- A look into the past at the lifestyles of American and British Soldiers
- A look into the past at the life conditions and challenging hardships endured and conquered by Americans as the starting price for liberty